Create a steady flow of new enquiries with buyer enablement. Transform your website from self-centred to truly client-focused with enabling video and tools.
And turbocharge your marketing and sales results.
Why buyer enablement matters
Buyer enablement gives your prospective clients favourabe information and tools to make buying easier. Which means easier sales, bigger accounts and more clients. Asked and answered.
Self Bias Hurts You
Try this two-click bias test - Google your website for two orientations - 'us' versus 'you'. Just Google site:yourdomain.com us|our|ours, and compare with site:yourdomain.com you|your|yours replacing your domain). It's a rough test, and if your writing predominantly uses 'we' as a universal term rather than self reference, then the test may be less valid. But if you're writing 'normally', it's valid.
If your results show say 60:40 self-bias, oh dear. Rough parity would be better. But your focal bias should obviously be greater towards your client - anything close to 60:40 is good. Self-bias isn't solved by a clever website rewrite. No, it's solved by something that every business should have baked-in: embracing the client's perspective. Buyer enablement is a powerful practical strategy which does just that. And it works well with brand redevelopment too.
Client Bias Connects You
Essentially, anything online that describes or evaluates a client's future with you - in their terms - is buyer enablement. And video is brilliant for visualising a client's future. Which empowers them to choose you over others. Buyer enablement was a strategy half-observed, half-invented by Gartner in their wonderful analyis of B2B websites. And we've been deploying it since then with our clients. Imagine what you and your clients could achieve with video:
- discerning your offer - clients can distinguish your proposition clearly
- improving understanding - they absorb the rational reasons to buy from you
- modelling a future - they estimate the value of working with you
- winning bigger - attract larger clients, higher-calibre projects
- admiring process - clients are reassured by the simplicity of their journey
- building trust - clients get a feel for the kind of people you are
- feeling your passion - they see the conviction and belief you have in what you do
- speeding comparison - they compare you with alternatives favourably
- fast-track learning - speed client education on your services
- engaging better - engage digitally at every part of the sales cycle
- skyrocket prospecting - watch your lead generation climb sharply
Yes, I'd like a Video buyer enablement Demo
Which buyer assets are right for you?
Choose your buyer enablement videos by matching your investment to the profile of your performance in each of the areas below. Wherever your challenge is biggest, just focus spend there. Here are common problems in under-performing marketing:
- attracting - films that attract clients to your proposition, benefits or uniqueness
- reassuring - films that assure clients of your experience, capability and character, also your authority or attitude
- explaining - films that reveal your processes, skills and specialisms from teh clien't point of view
- persuading - films that persuade prospects to enquire
- prospecting - films that directly connect you with leads
Where to deploy your buyer enablement
Assigning investment to th eright areas in the right ways, wll that's always going to matter. Here's some practical inspiration:
Attracting video example: Bloodhound attracted volunteer suppliers with this example
Attracter videos catch your clients' attention. Their job is to put a clear and relevant idea into the minds of your clients, and to inspire them to learn more.
- teasers - very short tastes on longer videos on your website
- interview snippets - extracts from longer videos on your website
- cliff-hangers - incomplete stories where the resolution is available on your website
- Q&A - common client questions answered
- case studies - real clients explain their positive real experience
- business quizes - to encourage buyers to be more discerning
- myth-busters - common client mis-beliefs debunked
- checklists - helpful reminders to clients on tasks close to your landscape
Reassuring video example: 4C Associates used this video to assure their web visitors of their professionalism
Reassurer videos invite viewers into your world. Their job is to reveal your professionalism and expertise - in ways relevant to clients - and so build their interest in your firm.
- procedural reassurer videos - to step clients simply through every stage of using your service to solve a common task
- FAQ videos - to empathetically address frequent practical questions
- your team videos - to introduce the client service team, and reveal a bit about their backgrounds, character, skills and ethos
- executive profile videos - to reassure clients of the senior team's strengths
- go-live timescale explainer videos - to model how easy and smooth the process is and reassure clients that you're three steps ahead of them
- team and behind-the-scenes reassurers - to build character, confidence and trust with your future client
Explainer video example: ADA Economics used our video to explain their proposition and process
Explainer videos reveal how you work. Their job is to reveal processes and skills at work - in ways relevant to clients - and so build understanding and buyer alignment.
- process explainers - for demonstrating to clients that what they'll experience is easy and tailorable
- specialism explainers - to demonstrate your deeper-than-anyone-else abilities
- alternatives options videos - to reveal choice and options, or to compare you with less attractive rivals or rival classes
- comparison videos - to make choosing easier, cross-sell or upsell, and to demonstrate value compared with rivals
- case-builders - to navigate clients through a bigger picture or complexity, and towards a fuller understanding of your service
- feature explainer videos - to detail individual features, benefits of a service
- benefits and features updates - to clarify fresh aspects of a service, or sharing beacon use cases from top clients
- client's use - to explain individual or characteristic uses of a service, and demonstrate deep client understanding
- a year with us - to help clients model the shape and experience of your service
Persuader video example: Brigade Electronics used our animations to persuade web visitors and conference delegates to enquire on the basis of key benefits
Persuader videos incite inquiry. Their job is to set out compelling reasons for clients to take the first step and contact you. They need to couched in terms beneficial for clients.
- case-study videos - for proof, illustration and trust-building - if they can, you can
- financial persuader videos - to clarify for clients what their cashflow will feel like and when they can expect returns on investment
- onboarding persuader videos - to make vivid the start process, and the significant changes a client will feel at that point
- discovery call persuader - to convince a client that there's benefit in simply talking or meeting
- discovery call anatomy videos - to reveal the structure and benefits of a successful discovery call
- negative consequence videos - to explain or dramatise a failure to use your service
- button inciters - short videos to encourage clients to click the discovery call booking button
Video prospecting example: CQC canvassed first-line investors with this explainer
Prospecting videos boost email conversion. Their job is to add reasurance and proposition depth to your email outreach - in ways that chime with clients - and so encourage contact.
- prospecting FAQ videos - to empathetically address frequent practical questions, and simultaneously save senior salesperson time
- reputation-building videos - for clients in mid-prospecting research, to discover as evidence on social media or your website
- per-sector or nich variants - targeting with laser-focused language to chime with your exact buyer persona in these videos and in your canvassing copy
- optimise the proposition - for the target and the moment - for example explainer videos for year-end review or budget-setting research ideas
- set the tone of these videos - what's best is professional, light and warm, filmed to be revealing and helpful, rather than loud or proud
Yes, I'd like a Video Buyer Enablement Demo
Our creative team is ready to help you with developing buyer enablement. Ready to build ways to improve client-facing assets. These will be enrich and fortify your marketing perfomance. Together, we'll cover:
- the buyer workflows that impact marketing performance
- the handful of core messages that you want every viewer and reader to absorb, no matter what they see or read
- the priority and value of each asset, and their roles
- your marketing messaging priorities on the big six business emotions - confidence, optimism, surprise, empathy, trust and loyalty
- the adaptation, should you need it, of designs not just for your videos, but also your website, social profiles, email, pitches, Zooms, decks and docs
- the tracking of results and frequency of revisit for refreshing your buyer enablement pack
When the creative team finish their work, your buyer enablement videos will feel consistent, bang-on-message and commercially useful. And your your prospects will see you, feel you and know you.
Outcomes from buyer enablement
After the buyer enablement work is done, you'll encounter gains in so many areas in marketing, and, optionally, beyond::
|Marketing: improvements in proposition, differentiation and market positioning. Successful growth in promotion, demand and lead-generation. And a stoinger reputation, better thought leadership, and more distinctive social media.|
|Sales: Improved performance in opening, pitching, lead-nurturing and lead-warming. More proposals and higher conversion through use-cases and demos. Better objection-handling and closing rates.|
|Client Services: Improvements in onboarding, servicing and reporting speeds and productivity. More cross-selling and up-selling. Improved client satisfaction in FAQs and tutorials. Improved problem resolution and retention.|
|Digital: Increases in awareness, engagement and posting frequency and response. Also more traffic, clearer proposition standout, improved proof and higher demand. And more potent story-telling, story-finding, and digital visibility.|
Yes, I'd like a Video buyer enablement Demo